|35th IAHR World Congress
7-11 September 2013
|The 35th IAHR World Congress has been held in September 2013 in Chengdu, China. This prestigious Congress was hosted by the Ministry of Water Resources of People’s Republic of China (MWR) and the International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR).
|The Congress has been inspired by the wisdom of "the wise find pleasure in water" from the ancient philosopher Confucius (551-479 BC), and it was focused on six themes namely the Water Engineering and Civilization; Hydro-Environment; Fluvial Hydraulics and River Management; Maritime Hydraulics and Coastal Engineering; Water Resources and Hydro-informatics; and Climate Change and Hazard Mitigation.
|It has been an exciting gathering for water and environment engineers/scientists to share knowledge and exchange ideas. The Congress has provided every delegate a memorable experience particularly in engineering and research on hydro-environment. Technical tour has been organized to Dujiangyan Irrigation Project, one of the oldest and over 2200 years irrigation systems in the world.
|Ir. Dr. Teo Fang Yenn from National Hydraulic Research Institute of Malaysia (NAHRIM) has attended the Congress and presented the research papers to share some of the Malaysian experiences pertaining to hydro-environment engineering and research. The presented research papers are listed as follow:
|• Teo F.Y., Liew Y.S., Falconer R.A., and Lin B.L. (2013). Estimation of flood hazard risk relating to vehicles, Proceedings of 35th IAHR World Congress, China, 1-8.
• Teo F.Y., Liew Y.S., Falconer R.A., and Lin B.L. (2013). Flood hazard assessment of vehicle blockages at bridges, Proceedings of 35th IAHR World Congress, China, 1-8.
• Liew Y.S., Teo F.Y., Mat Jusoh A., Mohammed Jaafar A.S., and Nassir Bidin M.A. (2013). Assessment on the potential of erosion and sedimentation due to proposed flood mitigation works in Sarawak River, Malaysia, Proceedings of 35th IAHR World Congress, China, 1-10.
• Liew Y.S., and Teo F.Y. (2013). A potential 2D hydrodynamic approach in flood mapping: case study of Muar River Basin, Malaysia, Proceedings of 35th IAHR World Congress, China, 1-8.
• Abdillah N., Teo F.Y., Mat Jusoh A., Fauzi M. F., Mat Hassan A.M., and Darus A. (2013). Model assessment of water quality in Sarawak River, Malaysia, Proceedings of 35th IAHR World Congress, China, 1-9.
• Abdillah N., and Teo F.Y. (2013). Water quality assessment of Sri Serdang Pond, Malaysia, Proceedings of 35th IAHR World Congress, China, 1-8.